Healthy SuperBowl Recipe
These Sweet Potato skins are a great addition to your game day line up. You would be shocked to know they are dairy-free and gluten-free because they are packed with flavor!
The sweetness of the sweet potatoes
- 2-3 Chicken Breast, cooked and shredded
- Mix with your favorite hot sauce – I used Franks Red Hot with Walden Farms Blue Cheese Dressing (0 cal, dairy free)
- 3 Sweet potatos, halved (if thick, slice into 3rds)
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil
- Pinch Himalayan Sea Salt
- 4 slices Bacon, diced
- ½ Red Onion, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, diced
- 1 Tomato, diced
- ½ Avocado, cubed
- 1/3 cup Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 2 teaspoons Lemon or Lime juice
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- optional: ½-1 Jalapeno, cayenne
- Cook and shred chicken – I used my pressure cooker, it cooked 3 chicken breast in 20 minutes then I just shred it. Then, add your favorite buffalo sauce. See above for recommendation.
- Warm up the oven to 400° F.
- Slice the sweet potatoes long ways and place in a pan lined with parchment paper, top with avocado oil and salt.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the center of the sweet potato gives a little.
- While the potatoes are baking, prepare the toppings. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp, place on paper towels to soak up excess fat, then chop when cool.
- Dice tomatoes, onion, jalapeno.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow to cool down a bit. Then, scoop out the middle with a spoon – leave ¼ inch flesh on the skin or more if you like.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450° F. Spoon the chicken breast into the skins, and top with onion, jalapeno, tomatoes and bacon. Put the pan back in the oven and bake the skins 10 minutes or until crisp to your liking.
- Next, prepare the sauce. In a high-speed blender or food processor, combine coconut milk, cilantro, lemon juice, and salt. Mix on high until smooth.
- Remove potato skins and drizzle a generous amount of cilantro sauce on top and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationServings 9; 1 skin = 144 Calories, 8g Fat, 12g Carbohydrates, 8g Protein