- 2 medium ripe Hass avocados, halved and pitted (peel removed)
- 1 tablespoons lime juice from 1 medium lime
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 small Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced
- Place the avocado pulp and lime juice in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Add the salt, cumin and cayenne and mash using a potato masher, leaving some larger chunks for texture. Add the onion, tomatoes, garlic, cilantro and jalapeno and stir to combine. Lay plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole and allow to sit at room temperature for 2 hours before serving.
Got leftovers? No worries! You can use your guac for a lot of things!
- Turn leftover guacamole into a vinaigrette: Whisk two parts guacamole with one part olive oil (or avocado oil) and one part Sherry vinegar. You don’t have to worry about the guacamole turning brown because of the acid.
- Beat guacamole into cooked egg yolks for a new take on deviled eggs. Sprinkle on chili powder or smoked paprika.
- Top burger with guacamole (or smear it under the burger to prevent a soggy bun … nobody likes a soggy bun).
- Add to baked potato.
- Make avocado toast!
- Top a bowl of chili with guacamole.
- Use guacamole as a replacement for mayo in chicken salad.